Unspoiled Island of Calaguas
Aside from the world’s famous Boracay, another emerging Island is coming to limelight.
Calaguas Islands which is located in the Municipality of Vinzons, in the province of Camarines Norte is now becoming popular because of its turqoise water and powdered sand.
Labeled as white beach of Bicol, its untouched and uncommercialized beauty makes it as a tourist spot not just for Foreigners but for the Filipinos too.
Mahabang Buhangin (Long Beach) or Halabang Baybay in their Local Dialect, is a kilometer stretch of powdery white sand and this is the popular destination for the tourists.
Since the island is not yet commercialized, there are no accomodations and establishments nearby. Though there are comfort rooms and electricity because of generators, you’ll still need to stay in tents over the night or if you want, on the cottages in the island.
Staying in the island will separate you from the busyness of the city. There are no mobile cignals and other means of communications. So if you want to chillax and have a quality time, Calaguas is a best destination.
The beauty of the island is so captivating that you will surely comeback. Imagine I first came here last April and come back last June.
How to get to Calaguas:
Actually I can’t give you guys on how to get here via bus or any means of transportation for when we get here we avail a package tour from Pilipinas Roadtrip. Pilipinas Roadtrip offers different travel packages in a very affordable price. For only 2850php, here are the inclusions:
- Private Van transfers Manila – Vinsons – Manila
- Boatride Vinsons – Calaguas Island – Vinsons
- Entrance Fees
- Camping Fees
- 3 Camping Meals (Lunch,Dinner,Breakfast),Drinking water / Cooler with Ice
- Camping tents Group sharing atleast 3-4 pax in a tent
- Service of a cook
- Services of a Trip Leader
- Standby Generator
- Standby Medic
Below is our sample itinerary:
- 0830pm Assembly Manila
- 0900pm ETD from Manila to Vinsons, Camarines Norte
- 0600am ETA in Vinsons, Camarines Norte
- 0700am Breakfast (own account)
- 0830am Market time
- 0900am Ride Boat to Calaguas Island
- 1100am ETA Mahabang Buhangin Calaguas Island
- 0100pm Lunch (camping meal 1)
- 0200pm Swimming, Freetime
- 0700pm Dinner (camping meal 2)
- 1100pm Lights Out
- 0700am Breakfast (camping meal 3)
- 0800am Break camp
- 0900am ETD at Calaguas Island 1100am ETA Vinsons ride van to Bagasbas
- 1200pm Lunch (own account)
- 0100pm ETA Bagasbas, Freetime, Optional: Surfing
- 0400pm ETD Daet to Manila
- 1100pm ETA Manila
*You can avail the optional Surfing just say it to your tour guide.
Here are some tips for you to enjoy your trip:
- Always pack light.
- Waterproof your belongings for you will travel via boat. Getting wet is highly probable.
- Never forget your personal stuffs.
- Bring snacks. It is an island and no stores nearby.
- Enjoy the moment.
Overall, the trip to Calaguas is exciting and breath-taking. Once you get here, you’ll surely comback!
Hope this entry will help you on your next weekend trip. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment and I am very happy to reply. If you find this post helpful, please like and share with the buttons below. Thank you and have fun on your next trip!